As your Amazon FBA business grows and develops, hiring staff to assist you will become inevitable. Expanding your business by adding Amazon Virtual Assistants (Vas) can seem both overwhelming and expensive. However, the upside is that hiring assistants provides the opportunity for you to develop your business in ways it can’t if you continue to work alone. In this article, we discuss the benefits of hiring virtual assistants for Amazon to allow your FBA business to flourish.
I also give my recommendation for where to hire the best Virtual Assistants for Amazon.
Important to Know for any Amazon FBA Business Owner
- You don’t have to do this alone
- You won’t accomplish your business goals as quickly as you think
- Hiring the right people is crucial for success
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant is a person who provides various services to a business from a remote location. Some virtual assistants are in the United States and some are in other countries, but all work remotely.
Amazon FBA Virtual Assistants
Just because you’re using Amazon FBA for fulfillment services, doesn’t mean you can handle the entire business as a one-person show. In my experience, hiring a virtual assistant has proven to be one of the most cost effective, efficient and satisfying business decisions I’ve made.
Here’s why. I’m able to leverage skilled workers without spending time to fully train and integrate them into my team. Most Amazon sellers we’ve spoken with have spent months and even years investigating and looking for the right people to hire. There’s no magic formula to finding the perfect staff to join your team. Hiring an ideal virtual assistant can be easier, less expensive and more effective than you think, and in some cases, even better than hiring full time employees.
The Benefits of Hiring an Amazon Virtual Assistant
Virtual assistants provide more than just administrative support. They can be an amazing resource to take your Amazon business to the next level. Below are four reasons why you should hire a virtual assistant to help you grow your Amazon business.
- Hiring a virtual assistant can be a great way to take the time to develop and hone your skills in something non-administrative.
- A virtual assistant is able to work for you and earn money, by the hour, for doing what you need them to do.
- Skilled virtual assistants will often know what you need and are able to ensure that those tasks are accomplished properly and well.
- On top of the added benefit of a second pair of hands for your Amazon business, hiring a virtual assistant will remove some of the anxiety of growing your Amazon FBA business alone.
Where to Hire Amazon Virtual Assistants
Though you can always use Fiverr or Upwork for shorter tasks, the best marketplace for hiring Virtual Assistants is OnlineJobs.PH.
Online Jobs PH is a site dedicated solely for Virtual Assistants, all based in the Philippines.
Post an Amazon VA job & your post will be distributed to registered Amazon virtual assistants within the site’s network. They can apply for your job & you own the hiring process from there.
Here’s an example of a Job Posting I’ve Used:
I am looking for an Amazon Virtual Assistant to compile Social Listening data for X Product & XYZ Keywords over the next 2 weeks.
This will include tracking all mentions of Product/Keywords on the following Social Media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Reddit).
The data should be compiled so that it is clear:
- What type of audience makes up customer base
- Pain points of product/niche
- Companies currently with the most exposure in the space
- Office & Admin (Amazon Virtual Assistant)
- Data Analysis
- Market Research
Important to Remember before Hiring
There are many factors to consider when hiring a virtual assistant. It all depends on the nature of your business, your sales volume and product launches, and the specific work and tasks you want a virtual assistant to accomplish. A business has many different needs, and one size doesn’t fit all. While it’s never easy to hire help, it’s definitely worth the effort if you hire the right staff.
Let’s discuss the best way to hire a virtual assistant for your Amazon business.
- First, you have to be clear on what your goals are.
- Are you running an online business to sell products or services?
- Do you need assistance with various tasks, including marketing, managing inventory, product research and/or growing your business?
- Set A market-based salary range: To make sure you’re getting the most for your money, you need to look at the market rate for hiring virtual assistants.
- Do you want to hire only in the United States?
- Are you willing to hiring outside of the country?
- Rates will vary for in-country versus outside of the country virtual assistants
- Rates will also vary depending on the skillset you’re seeking in the virtual assistant
- Make sure you take time to learn how to hire the right person for the job.
- Ask yourself what type of person does a great job for the specific task your seeking assistance?
- What type of worker do you get along with best?
- Will time zone changes matter to you with respect to being able to connect with your virtual assistant?
Contact past employers of the virtual assistants you’re considering. Just like a standard job interview, checking references is a necessary step to ensure that the experience described in a potential virtual assistant’s resume is accurate. You’ll also want to ask about the virtual assistant’s ability to get along with others, complete tasks on time and produce quality work.
How Much do Amazon Virtual Assistants Cost?
How can you find the time and afford to hire someone to manage all those little tasks that seem to pile up over time? When you’re feeling overwhelmed and disorganized it’s difficult to grasp how hiring an assistant can help. I’ve been in that very spot. Early after launching my FBA business, I was amazed at how fast my business accelerated. I was in the midst of hiring an Amazon FBA virtual assistant when I realized I needed to get everything in order before I could hire anyone to assist me. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how easy hiring a virtual assistant is once you get organized. When hired carefully, virtual assistants can absorb administrative burdens and free you to spend time on business development and growth.
What Tasks should Virtual Assistants Own?
Are you looking for a specialist or generalist? Do you want a full-time person or part time person? How much will they cost? What should I expect? There are many options when it comes to hiring a virtual assistant. Listed below are some of the most common tasks for virtual assistants:
- Answering/replying to customer messages
- Answering your calls and emails
- Handling timely and accurate email/text/phone communication responses
- Managing Amazon PPC
- Managing Off Amazon Marketing
- Social media marketing, Shopify Integration
- Creating Product Listings
- Enhancing Amazon SEO
- Handling product orders and inventory for your company
Finding the right person to assume responsibility for the day-to-day administrative tasks in your Amazon FBA business will almost certainly add to your profits and allow you to keep your hands free to focus on what you do best – managing and growing your business. You’ll be able to focus on expanding your customer base, as well as your products.
Paying Virtual Assistants
I typically pay with PayPal on OnlineJobs.ph. Within PayPal, I have it connected to the business credit card so that we’re earning cashback/reward points while spending.
It’s important to double-check that the Credit Card you’re using doesn’t have foreign transaction fees if you do elect to use the credit card to pay.
Tips for Integrating Virtual Assistants for Amazon Effectively
- Provide your virtual assistants with clear directions.
- This will help ensure the money spent is productive. One way to motivate virtual assistants is to provide “skin in the game” by offering a small portion of the profits of your business.
- The knowledge that their income will be partially determined by the success of your business will both motivate and excite most virtual assistants. Who doesn’t want their work to matter and to also share in the profits? By doing this you establish a win-win situation for you and the virtual assistant.
- Use Google Docs & Messaging so you’re work/communication can be free-flowing.
- This helps keep your Virtual Assistants moving on what they’re working on. By have a Google Doc where you can update projects, needs & goals à you won’t have to be consistently answering questions.
Amazon FBA is an extraordinary way to build a successful online business, but it’s not without some risk. You have to be prepared to assume challenges and accept that you’ll need resources to succeed. This means hiring others, such as virtual assistants, to work for you and according to your schedule. Hiring assistants will also help to energize your creative and professional drives.
By using a virtual assistant for Amazon FBA’s more arduous tasks, your time can be freed up to focus on higher value items. After all, you didn’t start an Amazon FBA business to be bogged down in the details. Hiring a virtual assistant for your Amazon business is aligned with the passive income model that integrates work with a healthy, happy life!
If you have any additional questions on how or where to hire a virtual assistant for your business, reach out to FBA Global and we’re happy to help. If you’d like more content on How to Build a Brand on Amazon, head here.