Does the prospect of selling your Amazon business for a tidy profit appeal to you? If so, you need to begin by building a brand. If you’re a successful Amazon seller, you know how to find profitable products. It’s now time to convert your products into a unified brand. In this guide, you’ll learn the key concepts to get started on creating your Amazon brand.
Anatomy of a Brand
As a seller on Amazon, an important step forward in the development and success of your business is to build a brand that people will recognize and like. An effective brand will help drive customers to buy from your site and create repeat business.
Some business owners think they can simply “submit” a product listing to Amazon and wait for customers to start purchasing products. But it doesn’t work like that. The best way to succeed on Amazon is to build a brand on the platform and turn Amazon into your primary source of customers.
If you don’t have a solid brand already, here’s how to build one.
Study the competition.
- Take a thorough and hard look at your industry
- Identify the brands that are thriving
- Obtain insights from industry experts
- Focus on how your brand can stand out from the pack.
Think about everything you can do to differentiate and distinguish your brand from the competition. The better you understand what your competition is doing, the better you’ll be able to set yourself apart. This will lead to bigger and better sales numbers.
Factors Behind the Brand
Listed below are important factors to consider when thinking of creating an Amazon brand:
- Create a strong online presence off Amazon
- Increase your brand exposure from other online outlets.
- Identify blogs you’re interested in and subscribe. Blogs can be an excellent source of valuable information to help develop and build your brand
- Product Demand: Products that naturally are desired by customers.
4 Steps to Build a Brand on Amazon
1. Define your Brand’s Purpose and Messaging
Take time to think about your brand’s purpose. We talked with a manufacturer recently who makes glass products used by major corporations, fashion companies, fitness stores and even some cosmetics companies. What is this brand’s purpose? “To make glass products that are not common in the market,” said Liu, who provided his English name only. “I hope people will think of my products, and say, I can’t get this anywhere else.”
But it’s not enough for your products to be unique. They must be unique in a way that entices buyers to buy it from you. Amazon is all about searching for unique products in a way that makes people want to buy them. The best way to ensure that people will buy your products is to add value to the product. Your product message should be a combination of price, product quality and/or desired benefits. If you add the right message to your products, you’ll convince people to buy them.
In order to determine the value you want to add, think about your target audience. Figure out what you can do to help that person. What are their concerns? What are their challenges? What are their aspirations?
If you want to bring a unique brand to market, you must be willing to think differently and creatively. That’s why it’s imperative you clearly define your brand purpose before you create your brand identity and logo.
2. Create a Brand Identity
Before you can unify your products into a brand, you need a brand identity. A brand identity doesn’t necessarily mean only a logo. Instead, it’s what you create around your products. Here are some principles to follow:
- You can either work hard and create a brand identity that looks amazing, or you can hire a graphic designer to create a visual brand identity.
- Brands on Amazon have varying designs. Some are specific, while others are more universal. For example, you can create a brand that looks like it represents an entire industry. Or you can create a brand that looks like it belongs to a particular individual.
- Choose a design that will appeal to your target market and entice them to become followers and fans of your brand’s products.
- Start by building a logo to show buyers your personality. It’s best to select a name that’s simple, memorable and one that will resonate with customers.
- Building a brand on Amazon is more complicated than you might think. It’s not just a logo. It’s also an offering strategy, color palette, pricing, reviews and seller profile, among other things. The more of these elements you’re using in your business, the stronger your brand becomes. You need to evaluate your current offerings, market them, and determine what changes to make to attract more buyers to notice your products.
3. Be consistent
Don’t create and market an infinite number of products. Instead, establish a wide brand or be unique. Starting with a brand helps you manage inventory, offer customers a wide range of choices and potentially bring in higher profit margins. Focus on repeat customers.
There are four stages a customer experiences when searching and purchasing on Amazon:
Don’t underestimate the value of repeat customers. Keep offering the type of products your customers are purchasing and offer them in the exact same format. This will help you to develop loyal, repeat buyers.
Add social proof through social media outlets. A high-quality website with social proof demonstrates the authority of your brand. Take time to build your brand reputation by making sure your social media profiles look professional and unique.
4. Communicate with Customers
It’s critical to maintain a personal connection with your customers. Without direct contact, your customers may believe your brand is impersonal. Acknowledge your customers for reaching out to you. Not only do customers appreciate you thanking them, but they’ll likely feel acknowledged and important to you and your brand.
Try building a website or email list to generate leads. People who sign up will become your advocates. Check your brand on Amazon regularly. While this won’t solve every problem, it’s better than not being present at all.
Note to Help Grow Brand
While your brand will have Amazon Product Listings, ensure you also have
- Amazon Storefront
- Check out Amazon’s tips on How to Build an Amazon Store
- External Brand Website
- WooCommerce (WordPress)
- Active Social Media Pages
Down The Road…
Selling an Amazon Brand
Start by building a logo to show buyers your personality. You want a name that’s simple and memorable and one that will resonate with customers. But building a brand on Amazon is more complicated than you might think. It’s not just a logo. It’s also an offering strategy, color palette, pricing, reviews and seller profile, among other things. The more of these elements you’re using in your business, the stronger your brand becomes. You need to evaluate your current offering, market it, and determine what changes to make to get more buyers to notice your products.
This article provides the key steps and considerations for building and developing a brand on Amazon. Building a brand is a critical component as you drive success as a seller.
Once your brand is established and receiving favorable feedback and producing product purchases, you can be confident that you’re on your way to further Amazon brand success.
To build a brand effectively, it takes time, perseverance and patience. Nothing happens overnight on Amazon, but with solid planning and delivery, the results are sure to be forthcoming. Who knows, you may even be in a position, one day, to sell your brand to an eager buyer!
For more information on Amazon Brand Building, check out our Building a Brand section.
As always, contact FBA Global with any questions or comments.